The hotel will be open again from June 11, 2020
Updated June 1, 2020
HOTEL MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS IN TIME OF THE COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS
We understand that the past weeks have created a need to get away for a short break, but the uncertain situation may be holding you back to actually book your trip. To reassure you, we offer you the option to cancel free of charge, so that you will never lose your money and you always have the option to move or cancel your booking to another time. For any reason!
Cancel your booking is free of charge for up to 24 hours before arrival. Please contact the Holiday Inn Leiden reception at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031 71 53 55 555. In case you wish to change your booking and the rate for the new date is more expensive than the original booking, we are forced to pass on the extra costs to you.
1.5 meter society
A concept that nobody had heard of until recently, but is now part of our daily life. Holiday Inn Leiden, as part of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), shows high priority on the health and safety of our guests and employees and makes every effort to prevent risks of contamination and spreading of the virus. In order to receive you as safely as possible, our hotel is fully adapted to the new situation. Everything has been thought of and we meet all guidelines for a carefree and safe stay.
Do you want to stay over as safely as possible? We are one of the few hotels were you can book an exterior room on the ground floor, so you don't even have to enter the hotel to reach your room!
What we do to ensure the safety of our guests:
- We follow government guidelines and recommendations.
- Our hotel is provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions.
- Improved cleaning and hygiene protocols.
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and lift buttons with antibacterial fluids.
- We offer our guests disinfectant dispensers in public areas.
- Compliance with procedures for dealing with colleagues who are ill.
- Walking routes are marked (eg by posters throughout the hotel).
- Waiting surfaces and lines are marked (eg by tape and / or barrier posts).
- Plexiglas applied at contact points with staff (eg at the reception).
- Time slots applies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Staff wears protective clothing (eg mouth masks, gloves).
- Housekeeping staff responsible for hygiene in the hotel and your hotel room wear face masks and gloves.
- In the hotel rooms, folders, pens, water jugs, coffee and tea facilities and other loose items have been removed for hygiene reasons. The minibars are empty, but there are vending machines in the hallway where small snacks and soft drinks are available at a fee.
- You must follow the instructions of our staff at all times; they are there for your and our safety.
- Please observe the signage and routing as indicated in the hotel.
- Our recreational facilities are closed until further notice; It is, however, possible to rent bicycles, which are handed over in a controlled and disinfected manner.
- Entirely in accordance with the guidelines of the Koninklijke Horecabond Nederland (KHB), there will be a checkup conversation at check-in as well as at every contact moment in our restaurant.
- As of July 1, our fitness center and sauna are open; of course the new hygiene measures are maintained here. The use of these facilites will be on registration, more information will be available at our front desk.
- From July 1 our pool will be open under strict conditions, access will be on reservation and you can indicate this upon arrival at the hotel. We do our utmost to let every guest use our pool who wants to swim during his / her stay, but we hope that you understand that this also applies under strict conditions and may not take place several times per stay.
- The Jungle club for the children will remain closed for the time being, instead a playing field will be set up on our lawn outside at the picnic tables; more information will follow asap.
- The pool table has been canceled completely.
- It is recommended to bring your own table tennis bats.
Measures in our restaurant, terrace and bar:
- You need to book in advance if you want to have dinner. This is also possible on the day of arrival, but given the limited visitor capacity that we can allow, there is no guarantee that this is possible. This also applies to our terrace, our employees determine whether you can be admitted given the capacity.
- Our Ocean bar is closed until further notice; we hope to be of service to you in a different way.
- Please wait at the indicated place until our host shows you your table.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance to both our employees and to other guests.
- To maintain sufficient distance, we serve with an appropriate distance, after which you can grab your order yourself.
- Maximum of 4 guests per table, exceptions only with the permission of the restaurant manager.
- Our employees wear gloves from a hygienic point of view.
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless.
- For breakfast there is a breakfast box waiting for you in the restaurant within the agreed time slot; you can enjoy this in the restaurant, on the terrace, at a picnic table on our playground or in your room if desired; when you pick up your breakfast, a fresh cup of coffee, tea or cappuccino will be prepared on site. The breakfast box will contain varied items daily and there is also a vegetarian box and a kidsbox.
- Other breakfast options (à la carte, for example) will be communicated at the hotel if applicable.
Frequently asked questions about 1.5 meters society
Can hotels be open again?
Yes, according to government guidelines you are allowed to have hotels open.
Can restaurants located in hotels be open?
Yes, food and beverage outlets in hotels may be open for hotel guests. This is also included in the emergency regulations of the various safety regions.
Is visiting a hotel safe?
Holiday Inn Leiden has furnished the hotel in accordance with the guidelines of the RIVM and has made every effort to minimize the risks.
Is it possible to order dishes and drinks from the menu in my hotel room?
Yes that is possible. We offer 24-hour room service.
Can I still use the breakfast buffet at the hotel?
Yes, of course you can have breakfast with us. Due to hygiene measures, we only offer you a breakfast box and / or an à la carte breakfast instead of a breakfast buffet. Like lunch and dinner, breakfast is also possible in your hotel room or on our terrace. Please follow the instructions of our employees.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
To reassure you during this uncertain period, Holiday Inn Leiden offers you the possibility to cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival. This way you always have the option to cancel your booking completely or move it to another time. Any additional costs for changed rates will be charged to you.
I have a cold or cough, can I change my booking on the day of arrival?
You can change your booking up to 24 hours before arrival or cancel it free of charge, contact the front office of Holiday Inn Leiden at email@example.com or 0031 71 53 55 555. In the event that the new date turns out to be more expensive than the original booking, we are forced to charge you the difference costs.
How do I know which facilities are open?
The recreational facilities in our hotel, including the swimming pool, sauna, gym and Jungle club, are closed until further notice. We do offer our terrace and a large lawn behind our hotel with picnic tables and the possibility to entertain yourself with an outdoor activity. Of course only allowed with due observance of the new safety rules. As soon as it is possible to open one or more facilities again, we will make this known as soon as possible. However, we expect that this will only be the case after 1 September 2020. Bicycle rental is possible, these are controlled and disinfected assigned by our employees.
Are pets allowed?
Yes pets are welcome, provided the applicable rules are followed.
Is it possible to rent an (electric) bicycle from the hotel?
Yes, it is possible to rent an (electric) bicycle at the hotel. Bicycles are collected, disinfected and distributed by our employees.
Could the hotel be closing again?
No, we do not expect that, but we will follow government guidelines for this. Our intention is to stay open if possible.
What do we expect from our guests?
We kindly ask that you follow the general guidelines issued by the government regarding the COVID-19 / Coronavirus. Are you sick, with the flu, having a cold, feverish, short of breath, or otherwise failing to meet the health condition deemed necessary to enter this situation outdoors? Then stay at home and cancel your reservation according to our conditions. This also applies to your fellow travelers or the state of health of the people with whom you usually live and who may or may not travel with you.
Completely in accordance with the guidelines of the Koninklijke Horecabond Nederland (KHN), there will be a check-up about your health via a questionnaire both at check-in and at every contact moment in our restaurant. This is to inform our guests and employees as well as possible and to protect them against possible contamination. When in doubt, guests can be refused.
We will do everything we can to offer you a pleasant stay again!
Team Holiday Inn Leiden