Updated September 15, 2020
HOTEL MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS IN TIME OF THE COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS
We understand that the past weeks have created a need to get away for a short break, but the uncertain situation may be holding you back to actually book your trip. To reassure you, we offer you the option to cancel free of charge, so that you will never lose your money and you always have the option to move or cancel your booking to another time. For any reason!
Cancel your booking is free of charge for up to 24 hours before arrival. Please contact the Holiday Inn Leiden reception at email@example.com or 0031 71 53 55 555. In case you wish to change your booking and the rate for the new date is more expensive than the original booking, we are forced to pass on the extra costs to you.
1.5 meter society
A concept that nobody had heard of until recently, but is now part of our daily life. Holiday Inn Leiden, as part of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), shows high priority on the health and safety of our guests and employees and makes every effort to prevent risks of contamination and spreading of the virus. In order to receive you as safely as possible, our hotel is fully adapted to the new situation. Everything has been thought of and we meet all guidelines for a carefree and safe stay.
Do you want to stay over as safely as possible? We are one of the few hotels were you can book an exterior room on the ground floor, so you don't even have to enter the hotel to reach your room!
What we do to ensure the safety of our guests:
- We follow government guidelines and recommendations.
- Our hotel is provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions.
- Improved cleaning and hygiene protocols.
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and lift buttons with antibacterial fluids.
- We offer our guests disinfectant dispensers in public areas.
- Compliance with procedures for dealing with colleagues who are ill.
- Walking routes are marked (eg by posters throughout the hotel).
- Waiting surfaces and lines are marked (eg by tape and / or barrier posts).
- Plexiglas applied at contact points with staff (eg at the reception).
- Time slots applies for dinner.
- Staff wears protective clothing (eg mouth masks, gloves).
- Housekeeping staff responsible for hygiene in the hotel and your hotel room wear face masks and gloves.
- In the hotel rooms, some loose items have been removed for hygiene reasons. The minibars are empty, but there are vending machines in the hallway where small snacks and soft drinks are available at a fee.
- You must follow the instructions of our staff at all times; they are there for your and our safety.
- Please observe the signage and routing as indicated in the hotel.
- Entirely in accordance with the guidelines of the Koninklijke Horecabond Nederland (KHB), there will be a checkup conversation at check-in.
Recreational facilities (f.i. pool, sauna, fitness):
- With reservation, our swimming pool will be open again under strict conditions on July, 1; If you want to use this, the following rules apply:
- Always keep a distance of 1.5 meters in and around the pool.
- A maximum of 25 guests can use the recreational area at the same time (which also includes the fitness and sauna).
- Guests are allowed to swim for 45 minutes, once a day.
- The indoor pool is open from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- You must reserve a swimming time at the reception (max. 45 minutes); this is only possible when you are at the hotel and not prior to your stay.
- Swimming time / time slot possible every hour (eg 7:00 am - 7:45 am, 8:00 am - 8:45 am etc.).
- Changing, showering and using the toilet is reserved to your own hotel room; the showers and toilets at the pool remain closed.
- There is one-way traffic when entering the area; the ladies dressing room is used as an entrance and men's dressing room as an exit.
- The above procedures will be maintained; follow the instructions of our staff at all times.
- With reservation, from July 1 our fitness and sauna will also re-open again; the new hygiene measures are of course maintained here. The use of these spaces is subject to registration so that a predetermined maximum of guests is adhered to the entire space (swimming pool, sauna and fitness). You can book a time slot at the reception, we work with sessions of up to 45 minutes, starting each hour (e.g. 07:00 - 07:45, 08:00 - 8:45, etc.). More information at our reception. A maximum of 4 people may be present in the fitness room and a maximum of 2 people in the sauna.
- The Jungle club for the children is open; we offer extra play activities at our lawn outside to play f.i. badminton, football etc.
- Don't forget to bring your own outside sports equipment (badminton rackets, football, etc.). Ask the hotel for the full program and all the possibilities.
- It is possible to rent bicycles, which are handed over in a controlled and disinfected manner.
Measures in our restaurant, terrace and bar.
Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 infections in the Netherlands and the policy of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), we are forced to take stricter precautions. The following measures will take effect from Monday 21 September 06:00 am:
- The Garden restaurant will be closed until further notice.
- We serve breakfast in accordance with the IHG 'Grab & Go' concept. Guests can pick up a well-stocked breakfast bag at the reception; breakfast can be enjoyed in the lobby area or in your own hotel room. In the lobby there is a self-service coffee machine with 'to go' cups. The breakfast bag can be collected daily from 06:30 - 10:00.
- At the moment, there are no lunch options for hotel guests and external guests.
- During the day, the coffee machine is available for our guests and you can serve yourself with coffee and tea at € 2.50 per item, to be paid at the reception.
- Dinner is from Monday to Sunday in the Ocean bar between 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM, the kitchen closes at 9:30 PM. A limited snack menu is available after 9:30 PM. Opening hours: Friday and Saturday the Ocean bar is open until 00:00 h. On Mondays to Thursdays and Sunday until 23:00 h.
- A registration form for your contact details for source and contact research will be provided in the Ocean bar as well as disinfected pens.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance to both our employees and to other guests.
- Time slots for dinner must be reserved (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM); this is only possible during your stay at the reception.
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless.
- There is a 24/7 pizza service (room service).
- In the hotel lobby there is an ice cream corner with pre-packaged ice creams.
Measures during your conference / meeting:
- All rooms are equipped with new settups, taking into account the guideline of 1.5 meters distance between the participants.
- In every room there is a service point where coffee / tea / water / soft drinks are available, as well as small snacks such as mints and biscuits.
- All our meeting packages are adapted in content to the possibilities that we can and may provide at the time of the meeting.
- Meeting guests are served lunch in the room, requiring as little contact with the guests as possible. Guests are requested to have lunch in the meeting room itself and the hall is not changed in between.
Frequently asked questions about 1.5 meters society
Can hotels be open again?
Yes, according to government guidelines you are allowed to have hotels open.
Can restaurants located in hotels be open?
Yes, food and beverage outlets in hotels may be open for hotel guests. This is also included in the emergency regulations of the various safety regions.
Is visiting a hotel safe?
Holiday Inn Leiden has furnished the hotel in accordance with the guidelines of the RIVM and has made every effort to minimize the risks.
Is it possible to order dishes and drinks from the menu in my hotel room?
Yes that is possible. We offer 24-hour room service.
Can I still use the breakfast buffet at the hotel?
Yes, of course you can have breakfast with us. Due to hygiene measures, we only offer you a breakfast box and / or an à la carte breakfast instead of a breakfast buffet. Like lunch and dinner, breakfast is also possible in your hotel room or on our terrace. Please follow the instructions of our employees.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
To reassure you during this uncertain period, Holiday Inn Leiden offers you the possibility to cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival. This way you always have the option to cancel your booking completely or move it to another time. Any additional costs for changed rates will be charged to you.
I have a cold or cough, can I change my booking on the day of arrival?
You can change your booking up to 24 hours before arrival or cancel it free of charge, contact the front office of Holiday Inn Leiden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031 71 53 55 555. In the event that the new date turns out to be more expensive than the original booking, we are forced to charge you the difference costs.
How do I know which facilities are open?
The recreational facilities in our hotel, including the swimming pool, sauna, gym and Jungle club, are closed until further notice. We do offer our terrace and a large lawn behind our hotel with picnic tables and the possibility to entertain yourself with an outdoor activity. Of course only allowed with due observance of the new safety rules. As soon as it is possible to open one or more facilities again, we will make this known as soon as possible. However, we expect that this will only be the case after 1 September 2020. Bicycle rental is possible, these are controlled and disinfected assigned by our employees.
Are pets allowed?
Yes pets are welcome, provided the applicable rules are followed.
Is it possible to rent an (electric) bicycle from the hotel?
Yes, it is possible to rent an (electric) bicycle at the hotel. Bicycles are collected, disinfected and distributed by our employees.
Could the hotel be closing again?
No, we do not expect that, but we will follow government guidelines for this. Our intention is to stay open if possible.
What do we expect from our guests?
We kindly ask that you follow the general guidelines issued by the government regarding the COVID-19 / Coronavirus. Are you sick, with the flu, having a cold, feverish, short of breath, or otherwise failing to meet the health condition deemed necessary to enter this situation outdoors? Then stay at home and cancel your reservation according to our conditions. This also applies to your fellow travelers or the state of health of the people with whom you usually live and who may or may not travel with you.
Completely in accordance with the guidelines of the Koninklijke Horecabond Nederland (KHN), there will be a check-up about your health via a questionnaire both at check-in and at every contact moment in our restaurant. This is to inform our guests and employees as well as possible and to protect them against possible contamination. When in doubt, guests can be refused.
Watch the video below about the "IHG Way of Clean" program that has been started in all IHG hotels (including Holiday Inn Leiden!), so that travelers can stay stafe for their overnight stay in the hotels again!
We will do everything we can to offer you a pleasant stay again!
Any questions? Please contact us!
Team Holiday Inn Leiden