CSR / Green Key
Green Key is a voluntary eco-label awarded to more than 2,700 hotels and other establishments in 56 countries
The Green Key award is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious ecolabel represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. A Green Key stands for the promise to its guests that by opting to stay with the Green Key establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental level. The high environmental standards expected of these hotels are maintained through rigorous documentation and frequent audits. Green Key is eligible for hotels, hostels, small accommodations, campsites, restaurants and attractions.
Green Key Certificate
Holiday Inn Leiden puts effort into a better environment and a better society. These efforts have been awarded with a Green Key Gold Certification since 2012. The Green Key shows that a company Cooperates Social Responsible, this is already an important topic for several years.
Green Key certificate Gold 2018 ceremony to Michel moerkerk, Facility Manager Holiday Inn Leiden. Issued on 8 February 2018 by Ruud Koornstra, first energy commissioner of Netherlands.
The adjustments of this label within Holiday Inn Leiden:
- The linen is changed during a longer stay, basically every three days
- Guests can choose whether they want to have the towels changed daily or use the towels several times
- The garbage is carefully separated. Glass, cardboard, paper, plastic, food, fats, chemical waste, construction and demolition waste are separated
- There are water saving measures. The rooms are equipped with water saving showerheads and thermostats. The sink faucets feature a flow restrictor
- There is an increase in green energy. The energy is accurately tracked and analyzed in order to achieve further energy savings
- The lighting is as much as possible from bulbs or LED lights, timers and light sensors. Electricity in the hotel room is activated with the key
- Information we provide is mostly digitally, this saves a lot of print
- At the end of all our outgoing e-mails is a message that states if it is necessary to print the mail. In this way we try to make people aware to reduce printing
- For printing we use only FSC certified paper
- Our location is easily accessible by public transport
- Holiday Inn Leiden/ECC Leiden also facilitates charging stations for electric cars and also offers bicycle rental, including e-bikes
Our guests and Green Key
Guests at Holiday Inn Leiden you will find that the quality and service will remain unchanged. The environmentally friendly way of doing business increases the quality of your stay.
Also as a guest, you can contribute your ideas, a better environment begins with us finally together. Together with you we go for Green!
More information about the Green Key can be found at www.green-key.org